Saturday, March 14, 2015

Sew Inspired


Today I have a new set I just received. I know a few people that sew/knit/crochet, so I thought this is a perfect stamp set to have in my supplies. I love the cute little sentiments. 

For this card, I grabbed the Sentimentals, Knit & Stitch. I decided to ink up the four quilt squares with Memento Luxe in Love Letter, Sweet Plum, Dandelion and Morocco. I then cut them out around each of them and inked the edges with Distress Ink in Tea Dye. It softened them up a lot! I went for a more vintage look for this card. 


I used a kraft colored card base and chose a simple plaid paper in darker tones so the quilt squares would be noticeable on top of that. After I glued them all down, I started with my sentiment and other embellishments. 

The sentiment is also from the Knit & Stitch set. It says, "Knowing you is like having a blanket wrapped around my heart" which I love for this card! I stamped that onto the same kraft paper I used for the base using Rich Cocoa ink. I diecut the shape from the Die'Sire Essentials, Scalloped Squares. I made sure the sentiment was towards the top because I wanted the stitches that at the bottom. I used Morocco and stamped those. For the buttons, I inked them up with Memento Luxe, Wedding Dress and diecut those out. 


I knew I had some sewing embellishments in my stash, so I dug them out and created a little focal point in the center playing around with placement until I was pleased. 

I'll probably end up sending this to my mom as a just because, or for Mother's Day. :) So mom, I hope you don't see this! 

Check out everything at Crafter's Companion today for all the amazing things you can purchase to create beautiful cards and other projects!


No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...