Monday, March 2, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #102: Dots & Stripes




Welcome back to another fun challenge from Lawnscaping! This challenge is #102 and is dots and stripes. Who doesn't love dots or stripes, or both?! This was a fun challenge, so I hope you'll play along. And of course there is a prize at stake - a gift certificate to shop at Ellen Hutson!!


Now, onto my project! I created a cute little card that is perfect for a little pick-me-up or just to say hello to a friend or family member. Everyone loves to get some real mail that makes them smile once in a while. Just for no reason :) 


Here are my simple steps for creating this card:

1. Cut, score and fold kraft cardstock for base card (folds to 4.25x5.5).

2. Cut and glue down the blue/white striped patterned paper to card base. (I always cut it about 1/4" shorter on all sides to let the base show). 

3. Diecut shaped label. Use Memento in Summer Sky and apply to the top of diecut label to mimic a sky. For the "grass", I used a piece of green polka dot paper from Lawn Fawn 6x6 Let's Polka Petite Paper Pack. I freehand cut out a hill shape and glued that down, trimming edges off. 

4. I stamped the jar from Lawn Fawn Bugs and Kisses with Memento in Tuxedo Black. I cut out around the jar. 

5. The lid is also from Bugs and Kisses and I stamped that onto the grey striped paper, also from the Lawn Fawn 6x6 Let's Polka Petite Paper Pack  I used some Spectrum Noir Markers to add shading to the lid to give it dimension. 

6. Inside the jar, I stamped the twig in Memento Luxe in Rich Cocoa. I then stamped the worm in Tuxedo Black onto the twig along with the leaf. I then stamped both those images again onto some polka dotted paper from Lawn Fawn 6x6 Let's Polka Petite Paper Pack. I cut and adhered them over the stamped images with foam adhesive. 

7. I used the speech bubble with the heart in the center from Lawn Fawn, Into the Woods set and stamped it in Memento Luxe in Love Letter onto a pink patterned polka dot paper from the Lawn Fawn 6x6 Let's Polka Petite Paper Pack  I fussy cut around that and used foam adhesive to glue down. 

8. I cut a piece of brown/kraft polka dotted paper to glue down behind the label "scene" I created. 

9. For the clouds, I stamped the cloud from Into the Woods set, with Radiant Neon in Electric Blue onto the striped paper from the Lawn Fawn 6x6 Let's Polka Petite Paper Pack  I love how they came out! I used foam adhesive to layer them behind the jar. 

10. I stamped the Smile sentiment from Lawn Fawn, Love You a Latte in Memento Luxe in Rich Cocoa on the bottom right of the patterned paper and added a simple bright green enamel dot to the "i" for fun. 


I hope you play along. Please remember to read the rules and enter your project for this challenge over at the Lawnscaping blog!

3 comments:

Samantha Mann said...

squeak!!
this is SO cute!!
loooooooove that little scene you created!! everything is so perfect! i love the colors and the striped clouds and the polka dots! wow!! this is so happy and cute!! :D

francesca said...

oh this is sooo cute Roxanne!!!!:)

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Cute card, love the scene :)

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...