Saturday, December 27, 2014

Just a Note and Envelope


For this little card, I made it a different size just simply because I had this piece of darker grey cardstock already to a good size for me to score in the middle and go to town. That meant I needed to make a custom envelope. No biggie!

The background of the card is done on simple watercolor paper using a stencil and some spray mists and Distress Ink in Tea Dye watered down and painted on. Really simple. 


For the red strip, I used a small piece of Shimmering Cardstock in Candy Red.

The tag is from UmWow Studio and I stamped on the Just a Note sentiment in Memento Luxe, Love Letter from the Sentimentals, Vintage stamp set. I love the pop of red on the natural looking tag! I tied on some twine, glued it down and then added a couple grey sequins. 

I found a video on YouTube (sorry, I didn't save the link!) for creating square envelopes. I made the envelope and glued that together and stamped the flourish frame on the back flap to place a return address. I stamped it in Tea Dye and it's from the Sentimentals, Vintage set. 

The envelope isn't an exact match for the card size, but it works :) Have fun creating special sized cards and making your own envelopes. 

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...