Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Wishes Tag


I have a large gift tag that is perfect for pairing with a simple wrapping paper or gift bag. I used the largest cream tag from this large package of tags I have in my stash. I used various Distress Inks and water on an acrylic block to create the background. I used Iced Spruce, Tea Dye, Festive Berries, and Evergreen Bough


After that dried, I used Distress Ink in Tea Dye to stamp on the snowflake and trees from the Stamp-It Australia Twinkle, Believe and Joy & Spirit stamp sets. 

For the red strip, I took a piece of Shimmering Cardstock in Candy Red and used Versafine ink in Onyx Black and heat embossed it to make it stand out on the red paper. I then ran it through my machine with the Christmas Elegance embossing folder, using only the dotted pattern. 

The holly and berries were colored in with my Spectrum Noir Markers (DG2, DG3, and DR5) and then I rubbed more Tea Dye Distress Ink over that to soften it. For the rhinestones, I applied them and used the GB10 Spectrum Noir Marker to color them in to make them appear golden.

I used a piece of cream ribbon at the top to finish it off. I encourage you to use those Distress Inks like this tag I created. It's so fun to see how they blend together with just a spritz of water! 

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...