Saturday, November 30, 2013

H-OWL-iday Card


I just adore owls. So I grabbed my Mulberry Wood-A Christmas Gift set and stamped them with my Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad onto the Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock. I colored them in with my Spectrum Noir markers (CG1, CG2, CG3, CR1, CT1, DG2, DG3, DR5, DR7, FS3, CR11, EB1, EB2, EB5, TN7, BT1, JG2, BT5, IG1, IG2 and the Blender pen). After I was done coloring, I cut around the image leaving a slight border.


For the card, I chose a kraft colored base (all my cards are 4.25x11, scored and folded to 4.25x5.5). I chose two scraps of holiday paper I had on hand and my Centura Pearl cardstock. I embossed the snowflake background with dies I have. It creates an embossed look without cutting it. This works great with this Centura Pearl stock because it's heaver. I ran it through my Cuttlebug several times and it pushed the dies into the paper but didn't cut through. Worked perfectly. Here it is on an angle so you can see how that looks.


I chose to put everything on a diagonal for interest. I cut and glued down the snowflake embossed piece, and then glued the patterned strips over that. I trimmed them to the edges of the card. I then took my owl image and used foam adhesive squares from Crafter's Companion to give it some dimension.

For the sentiment, I had some kraft colored stickers on hand. I used the "With Love this festive season" from the Sentimentals-Jingle Bells set. It fit perfectly onto the sticker. I snuck that in behind the holly on an angle as well. And finished! I hope you liked my card.

HAPPY CRAFTING!


No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...