Monday, January 30, 2017

Sweet Strawberry Greetings


Is it summer yet?! Yes, I'm wishing the winter away. I can't help it. These strawberries remind me of sweet summer days. Soon enough. Soon enough.

I found a technique on the Spectrum Noir website that I wanted to incorporate in this card. Here is the original post for Watercolor Stripes. I decided to do some striping, but I made mine into more of a plaid design to go along with the summer theme. Most tablecloths you think of for picnics are the iconic red and white gingham/plaid. I just used more of a pink palette. I wanted it a bit softer behind the big strawberries. It was so easy, and I'm definitely going to use more of this technique in future projects.


You'll draw lines, either freehand or with a ruler (I used a ruler for spacing) with your colored pencils and depending on how much water or how think you'd like your stripes is up to you! This was done on the Spectrum Aqua Watercolour Cardstock. It's THE best cardstock for watercoloring. I love it. I think I need to buy it in bulk...


I used 3 strawberries I stamped onto the watercolour cardstock and colored in with the Spectrum Noir AquaBlend Pencils. I used a water brush pen to move the color around and blend them.


I adhered them onto my striped background with some foam adhesive and snuck the sentiment in below. I scattered the sequins around to give it a little sparkle. I hope you enjoyed seeing my take on a technique from the blog.

SUPPLIES USED:

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...