Monday, July 13, 2015

Classic Celebration Card


I'm back again with another simple and pretty card! Let's get down to it...

Today, I just had an urge to ink up this awesome Sheena, Mystery Author stamp with some nice juicy ink, Versafine in Onyx Black, and I heat embossed it to make it pop. The sheen reminds me of the old school shiny, black typewriters. I'd love to get one eventually!! I used watercolor cardstock to give it an old school feel. I then stamped the "let's celebrate!" sentiment from the Bebunni Floral Collection, Bunches of Love, in Delicata, Silvery Shimmer. I then fussy cut the entire image out and set aside.

For my card base, I chose a nice salmon linen stock this time. I cut and scored to 4.25x5.5. I pulled some fun papers in to go behind my typewriter. I used a black and white stripe and an orange and cream graph paper. Onto that, I inked up the Shenna, Simply Scripty with the Memento Ink in Cantaloupe. It's VERY subtle, but it looks so pretty in person.



I glued those papers down to the base alternating the position to make it fun! I took the typewriter image and glued down with some thicker foam adhesive. To give some sparkle, I added several black sequins to the card. Totally simple, but classic. Makes a beautiful birthday card for someone older that can appreciate the nostalgia of the typewriter!

Check out all the great Sheena stamp sets over at Crafter's Companion!




No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...