Saturday, February 22, 2014

Grunge Birthday Card


I've got a different card today for you. I loved this color combo I used for a previous challenge this month and I wanted to use it again for another card. I always am needing more manly cards for the men in my life who have birthdays. They're tough to please! :) So, here's a card I came up with.


 I used a mask I had and pulled out different spray mists. I used black, white, and the Fireworks Spray in Desert Sand. Once it dried on the paper, which is pretty quick (the Fireworks takes a bit longer), I pulled off the mask carefully. I just simply use painters tape and tape down to my work mat. Then I decided to flick on some black spray here and there. I just love the way it looks. More grunge-like!! Grunge=manly, right??

I diecut a circle out of the mustard patterned paper and used some foam adhesive squares to pop it up off the card. I then took some metallic inks and dabbed them onto my stamp. The happy birthday sentiment is from the Crafter's Companion Sentimentals, Imagine set. After that dried, I used some Distress Ink, Tea Dye around the edges to give it some definition. I then used the same foam adhesive squares to pop that up off the mustard circle.

I went around the card and added some black, mustard, grey and gold star sequins for a little fun element. Hope you enjoyed it! Check out all the awesome products available at Crafter's Companion today!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...