Saturday, September 7, 2013

Back to School!


It's that time of year again...back to school! So for back to school, I took a frame I have and made a custom little piece of art featuring a photo I took of my oldest son on his first day of school. 


For the base, I chose a yellow piece of cardstock in my stash. I then ran a sheet of the red cardstock through my Cuttblebug using the 4.25x5.75 embossing folder-ABC's from Crafter's Companion. The piece of red cardstock actually already had the notebook looking edge. I worked at a printing company where we would get swatch books for paper stock that was available, and when the books were replaced by new versions, or colors became obsolete, they either went to me or the trash. Guess who has a TON of scraps because of that?? This girl!

I then took another little scrap and made a simple pennant at the top right for some added interest. 

To complete the school look, I chose the stack of books from the latest set from Sheena called A Little Bit Magical-Knowledge. How perfect is that set name? These are seriously fun to color. I colored them in with my Spectrum Noir markers, using the blender pen, JG1, JG2, JG6, EB1, EB2, EB5, OR2, OR3, CT4, TB2, TB3, TB5, CR8, CG1, CG3, BG2, BG4, LV1, LV2, LV3, IG4, IG6, IG8, DG4,  PP3, BT5, BT7, BT9, GB6, and GB7. Phew!


I then used some letter stickers I had on hand to put 3rd, first day and the year on the book's spine. This way, I can take it out of the frame and scrapbook it and it's ready to glue down :) 


I hope you enjoyed my project and that it inspires you to whip up a cute framed photo of your child's first day. Happy school year.

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...