Thursday, September 19, 2013

September Embossing Challenge


This month over at Crafter's Companion Challenge, the theme is EMBOSSING! Who doesn't love embossing? It's a totally easy way to add instant texture to your project. I love my embossing folders.

For my card, I actually used a couple embossing folders. For the pennants, I used the Darice 5x7 Chevron background (kraft pennant), 4.25x5.75 Flames (center pennant), and a harlequin embossing folder (black pennant).  This is a great way to use up your scraps, which is exactly what I did. I went digging and found some Halloween-ish looking papers and cut to various sizes, embossed, inked and snipped the ends freehand. I know a lot of people will use a square punch to get perfect pennants. I don't have one, so I just eyeball it! And it's quirky when they're perfect. :)


I glued them down to the card base, which I always use 4.25x5.5 cards, and then used some Halloween stickers at the top from Authentique (Enchanted Elements).

The jar image is from the Sheena A Little Bit Magical Honesty set. Amazing stuff here. I chose to make them into kind of creepy jars to fit the theme, using my Spectrum Noirs to color them (colors listed below) and I dabbed some Memento Luxe ink in Grey Flannel (coming soon!) on the jar labels and jars to make them appear antiqued even more. I also went over everything with Distress Ink in Old Paper, Tea Dye, and Scattered Straw dabbed on with craft sponges.

For the embossed pennants (flame and chevron), I dabbed on some Memento Ink in Tangelo and Lady Bug with the sponges as well.



I added a simple twine bow just because. As well as some spray mist flicked on for added "creep." Oh, and 3 tiny skulls with a punch I found for $1 at WalMart! Don't overlook the holiday sections of your local stores for little finds like that. I dabbed the Grey Flannel again on those to spook it up. BOO!

I hope you're inspired to grab those embossing folders and join our challenge this month on the blog!

Spectrum Noirs used: EB1, EB5, EB7, BG2, BG4, BGR1, BGR3, TN2, IG2, IG4, IG6, IG10, OR2, OR3, GB5, GB7, GB8, DG2, DG3, DG4, CT1, FS6, TN7, TN8, True Black and blender pen.

1 comment:

{Chrissie} said...

This is just amazing. I love, love, love the banners and the way you colored the bottles is fabulous.

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...