Monday, September 30, 2013

Witchy Cat

Hey there. I've got another Halloween card that is more on the cutesy side. I used the cat, broom and sentiment from the Lawn Fawn set Critters in Costume. They also have coordinating dies for this set as well! I muts get them. Lawn Fawn stamps like a dream. I colored them in with my Spectrum Noir markers, cut them out carefully, and made the cat look like he/she was standing on the broom handle.


For the background that the cat and broom are on, I cut a white cardstock panel that measures 4"x5.25". I then took various cardstock from my stash and went to town. I just glued it to the white base I had cut putting them on a diagonal. This is a great and easy (not to mention fast) way to get a bunch of color on your card and use up your scraps! I keep a LOT of scraps, so this helps me. :)

I then chose the space for the sentiment and stuck it all over the card until I found a spot where it fit perfectly. Then I put my cat and broom down further on the card. I used pop dots for them, then glued the whole thing to my white card and there you go! One cutesy Halloween card. I'll likely use this for one of my son's teachers this Halloween.

I added subtle "stripes" to my cat's back with the Spectrum Noir markers.
I also added a simple striping to the hat's band with the blender pen.
Easy little touches that add detail!

Thanks for stopping by. I read all your comments and truly appreciate each and every one of them, so I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...