Monday, September 9, 2013

Christmas Delivery!


Hey there. I realize it's 90+ degrees outside here in Chicago and I'm posting a Christmas card, but hey, you have to stay ahead! This would be a cute card as a thank you to my mailman! With a little gift card slipped in there, what do you think?

I pulled out my trusty ol' scraps and went to town. I craft without a plan really. Sometimes I loosely use a sketch, but most of the time, I cut, glue and go. This was one of those.

I colored in my adorbs image from the Barkley Christmas Set-1st Class Christmas. The sentiment is also from that set as well. The whole Barkley line are so fun to color. I pulled out my Spectrum Noir markers and went to town. I used CG2, DG2, DR3, True Black, EB5, BT2, BG6, TB1, BG1, BG6, BGR1, BGR3, PP1, EB1, EB2, EB7, EB8, IG1, IG4, DR5, DR7, and the blender pen. I then diecut it out and used the Spray & Sparkle Glitter Varnish-Silver to coat the image in a fine mist of "snow." LOVE that stuff!!! I'm going to order the other colors as well. Just be sure to spray that outdoors on a non-windy day. :)


On the kraft piece, I used the bottom half of the embossing folder, Christmas Elegance, for just the snowflakes.

I took a photo on an angle to show you the glitter spray. LOVE this stuff.
I then just assembled it to how I liked it, added a little country-esque bow and there you have it! A simple and elegant holiday card perfect for the mailman, delivery driver if he frequents your place/business, or just anyone that needs a little smile during the holidays! These are great to have on hand just in case. Hope you enjoyed my card today.

Be sure to visit Crafter's Companion today for the above linked products as well as so much more. Shop away!


1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Love your card,Very Pretty!!!Love the image,Awesome coloring!!!

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...