Saturday, February 15, 2014

I Heart Art

From a very early age, I was creative. And I'm thrilled that both my kids are creative as well! Makes an artists heart happy. So today, I've got a beautifully simple card with one of my favorite sentiments from none other than Picasso.

The sentiment is from the Stamp-It Australia, Time to Dream set. What I did was just stamp it simply in black ink on white card stock and punched it out in a circle shape. I took my Spectrum Noir marker (GB3) and colored the circle in to resemble a sun. I then took my reinker in the blending solution and I dropped a puddle in the center of the sun and let it soak up a little and then I just used my finger to spread that around in a circle. It make the sun come to life. After that dried, I then took my Fireworks Spray in Desert Sand (see the close up photo to see the sheen it leaves behind) and spritzed that onto the center, let it dry a little and spread it around again to blend it in. I love the way this turned out.

Now, the clouds were super fun. I took a coffee filter and just colored in long stripes in no particular pattern with the broad side of my Spectrum Noir markers (DR3, HB1, BT7, PL4, BP4, OR1, JG1, GT3, CG3, FL3). Here's another place the reinker in the blending solution from Spectrum Noir comes in handy. I laid my coffee filter out on a paper towel to soak up the remaining solution that would seep through. I then just put a heavy amount of the blending solution all over the coffee filter. And since they are the cone shaped ones, I had just cut off the edges and laid it flat. So this way, once the solution was soaking in, I folded the filter back in half, pressing it together with another paper towel. This really helped to get the colors all blended together. I did have to set it aside to dry before moving on. But this was so much fun.


I have these little cloud dies that I cut out a bunch of clouds from the filter. I LOVED the way this came out. You could make flowers, circles, squares, doilies, snowflakes, or simply ovals for Easter eggs would be gorgeous. Hmm. Maybe that might be something to do once Easter rolls around. :)


I took a simple white card base and a woven light blue card stock with the corners rounded. Then I made my little scene. I let the sun fall off the edges and trimmed off the excess. Then I started layering the clouds to the left. It looks like the sun is peeking out from behind these colorful clouds.

I hope you have some fun with your Spectrum Noir markers in a different way!! Experiment :)

Every child is an artist.
The problem is how to remain
an artist once we grow up.
-Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...