Saturday, February 8, 2014

Shabby Chic Birthday Wishes


Hey there! I have a really pretty layered card here. I normally don't do shabby chic, but I really love the elements I pulled together. Plus, it sparkles, so what's not to love?!

I used a stamp set that came free with the Crafter's Companion magazine from Crafter's Inspiration 2 (no longer available). You can get the same dahlia image from the full set of Sheena's A Little Bit Floral. The sentiment was also from the freebie stamp set included with the magazine. You can find the latest issue of the magazine here! There are different stamps, but still super fun items to receive!



You can see the sparkle from the
Spray & Sparkle Varnish!
I used a simple white card stock base. Funny how I came up with the color combination...the grey card stock was lying in my crafty pile with the polka dotted and damask paper and I thought what a great color combo! I stamped the dahlias onto the Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black. I colored in my dahlia's with my Spectrum Noir (TN1, TN2, TN2, GB5, GB7, GB9, GB1, GB2, GB4, BGR4, Blender). I then sprayed them with the Spray & Sparkle Glitter Varnish, Iridescent and let them dry. Then I fussy cut them out.

For the sentiment, I took the Memento Tuxedo Black again and stamped it onto a small piece of kraft I die cut out in a little banner shape. I took a small gem and stuck on the end for interest. 

For the pennants, I just freehand cut them. This is a superb way to use up your stash of pretty papers. I just pulled out pieces that went together. I glued all that down to my base and started with the lace bow. I had a small piece that was PERFECT for this card and color combo! 

For the center, I used a chipboard button I had in my stash and colored it in with BGR4. I added the Spray & Sparkle Glitter Varnish in Iridescent to that as well. Then I came back and applied Distress Ink in Tea Dye around the edge to make it more shabby. I took simple jute and looped through the button holes and tied a simple bow. I glued that down to the center of the lace bow. Then I tucked in the dahlias I cut out and the sentiment until it looked like I wanted. 

I did get the idea for the layout from a card I had pinned on Pinterest. I highly recommend going to your Pinterest boards when you need a fresh perspective!! 

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...