Thursday, February 6, 2014

BE Inspired Challenge #47

Hi there! I wanted to enter into the TAWS Challenge today because I LOVE this color combo! Here's the challenge photo:


How awesome is grey, black, yellow and mustard?! LOVE it. So, here's my take on the card.


I used an embossing folder with a chevron style pattern on a dark grey cardstock. I then used a pretty strip of scrap paper I had in my stash to pull the yellow in. I also used half a doily because it's just pretty!! For the image of the pregnant woman which is from the TAWS Cover-Ups set. I colored a little wood veneer speech bubble in with one of my Spectrum Noir markers (GB6) and stamped the image onto the bubble with Memento, Tuxedo Black. I then colored in the little heart in her belly with my DR2 Spectrum Noir marker. I tied a simple double bow with grey and white twine. To bring in more black, I used 3 black sequins in a triangle type pattern to keep your eye moving around the card.

I loved this color combo and I had fun playing along. You can go HERE to see the challenge details! Check out The Alley Way Stamps site as well. They've got so many adorable sets to play with. 

3 comments:

{Chrissie} said...

I LOVE the stamping on the wood veneer and the doily paired with the chevrons!! EEE!!!So, so cute! Thanks for playing along with the BE Inspired Challenge! :)

Dana said...

Love how the doily makes it look so girly!! Awesome card! Thanks for playing with us at the Be Inspired Challenge!

Tracy said...

Very pretty card! Cool idea to stamp on the wood veneer! Thank you for joining the BIC!

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...