Friday, January 3, 2014

Valentine Treat Bag


I've got an ADORABLE little treat bag perfect for your kids on Valentine's Day morning or what a sweet thing to leave on your co-workers desk!

I finally used my Ulti-Bags Ultimate Embossing Board with my Ultimate Tool. I did watch some of the Crafter's Companion YouTube videos out there, and they do a great job explaining how to use these wonderful embossing boards! 


Here are step by step instructions to making this treat bag:

1. What you do is put your board onto your Ultimate Tool and give a few quick sprays with the Crafter's Companion Stick & Spray Repositionable Adhesive on the actual embossing board.

2. Put your patterned paper with the side down you want on the outside of your bag (I chose the arrow pattern to be on the outside of my bag; it's light pink on the inside).

3. I used the stylus tool included with the Ultimate Tool to run along the indentations of the embossing board, lifting up the paper as I go to see where to place the tool. It makes more sense once you actually do it! But you want to use a gentle touch with darker colored paper as it will crack and you'll see it more.

4. Once you're all done embossing your card stock, take it off your embossing board. There will be residue left from the Stick & Spray adhesive. You'll want to take your Crafter's Companion Stick Away Adhesive Remover and a paper towel and it will come off. Great products, ladies!

5. After removing your card stock, you'll see the embossed area. Take note of what areas to cut around and what areas to fold. For this one, I had to cut out around the outer edge of the bag and the center half moon shape for the handle. The rest were marks that I scored to fold on to make the bag. 

6. I then folded all the appropriate scores and used the Crafter's Companion Extra Strong Tape Runner to glue the sides of the box to hold it together. Your bag is complete!! Now, you can of course embellish or make panels for your bag with the other parts of the embossing board. You can see in THIS IMAGE that there are a lot of panels you can create for your bags!

7. I chose to make this little adorable guy into a brown bunny. I seriously adore these images!!! This guy is from the Bebunni-Sent With Love set. I stamped him with my Memento Tuxedo Black onto the Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock. I colored him in with my Spectrum Noir markers (TN1, TN2, TN3, TN4, TN8, PP5, HB1, HB2, CR2, CR3, IG1, BT1, and DR2). I then fussy cut him out and used a simple wood veneer heart (colored in with DR2) and used foam adhesive squares to stick him onto the bag. 

8. I covered some simple chipboard letters in X and O with a coordinating paper and snuck those in behind this guy. 




There's a great little treat bag great for things like conversation hearts, Hershey kisses or M&M's or even little things like small pencils, bubble wands and paper pads, crayons, small PlayDoh...the list can go on. If you don't have the Ultimate Tool or embossing boards, grab them! 

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...