Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Fabulous Beach


In the middle of winter, I love to think of going to visit a beach! :) Yea, it's torturous, but they're so serene and pretty. My card today I think is very reminiscent of that thought.


This would be a great card to mail to anyone who may need a little pick me up or even a birthday. The main beach image is from the from the Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic-Seascapes. I made my own sky and sand using my Spectrum Noir markers in BT1 (sky) and EB1 (sand). I then colored the flowers and grass with DG1, DG2, DG3, BG1, LY1, and GB2. To give the sky and sand some dimension, I went in with a craft sponge and my Distress Ink in Iced Spruce and dabbed on darker areas for the sky. For the sand, I used Distress Ink in Old Paper and did the same thing. 

After I stamped the sentiment from Sentimentals-Imagine set, I spritzed on Fireworks Spray in Desert Sand to give it a shimmer. I took a photo on an angle and darkened it up a little to show that (it's hard to capture!). Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...