Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I can't believe 2013 has come and gone (good riddance for many reasons!) and 2014 is upon us. With my son's birthday party, his actual birthday, and many Christmas celebrations, I'm starting 2014 a bit behind on my crafty projects. So, I'll be posting several projects over the next couple of days to catch up.


My first project is a pretty little card that can be sent to a friend to simply put a smile on their face! I used the Stamp-It Australia, Ornate Accessories for this card design along with Distress Inks in Tea Dye and Old Paper. I stamped them onto kraft paper. I also used Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe in Grey Flannel. I wanted it to have a worn, comfortable look. I also used my Dew Drop in Cosmic Copper (for the ornate circular frame and the text block). When turned in the light, it gives a slight sheen. I also spritzed on a few bursts with the Memento Fireworks spray in Desert Sand. Next time, I'll use even more!!

 

I then distressed the edge of the kraft piece, stamped onto my tag and used a yellow brad for a pop of color in the punched hole of the tag. I adhered that with foam adhesive to the stamped background and then used foam adhesive on the back of that to adhere to my pretty watercolored patterned paper I chose. You can just see a peek of it, but it's really very pretty. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...