Saturday, February 28, 2015

Bloom & Grow

I have one last card for this month to share with you. I used the Bebunni, Bloom & Grow set. I stamped it with Memento, Tuxedo Black on Ultra Smooth White Premium Cardstock. I colored it in with my Spectrum Noir Markers (CG1, CG2, BG1, BG3, BG4, Blender, FS4, FS6, FS9, IG2, EB2, EB3, EB8, LY2, GB4, GB6, GB8, BG9, FS6).

 

I fussy cut around the image, including the falling petals, but left a slight white border to add dimension once assembled. 

For the pink background, I used the Flora Bunda embossing folder with the Shimmering Cardstock in Pink Pearl. I rounded the two corners and adhered to my white card base. (Standard 4.25x5.5 card)

Behind the bunny, I created a little outdoorsy scene with two ink pads and a craft sponge! So simple. I used Memento, Summer Sky, Distress Ink in Scattered Straw and Memento Dew Drop in Tea Leaves.

I decided to glue that little scene to black patterned paper to make it really pop off the card. I then stuck the bunny and petals onto the scene with some foam adhesive. I love the way it gives such great dimension to a card! 

The little bow at the top of the flower stem was something I just made up as I went. I drew a bow shape on a piece of cardstock, cut it out and set that aside. I took a small piece of the Shimmering Cardstock in Yellow Pearl and ran through my machine using the Floral Stitch embossing folder. This gave the bow a little something. 

I then took my template I cut out, and placed it onto my embossed Yellow Pearl piece and cut that out and folded into the bow. I used a scrap piece of green paper for the center of the bow and glued together, and then finally glued to the flower stem. Isn't that a super cute touch?? And it was so simple. 


To give this card even more layers, I used an embossed tag from my stash and rubbed on some Memento Luxe in Grey Flannel. I used a bright green ribbon and clipped the ends and glued that down to the pink layer. I then glued down the bunny rectangle piece. 

For the sentiment, I used the Best Wishes from the same Bebunni, Bloom & Grow set, and diecut that out with the Die'Sire Scalloped Squares and snuck that behind the black piece. 

I hope you enjoyed my card today and that you swing on over to the Crafter's Companion website today to check out the products and samples!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...