Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunshine and Smiles


I have one of my most favorite little characters here on the blog today - Bebunni. He/she is just so adorable, I cannot resist using these stamps.

For today's card, I used the Bebunni Floral, Flower Garden set. I love that the image is a little scene already before it's even colored.


I used my standard Memento in Tuxedo Black along with the Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock to start. I then grabbed my Spectrum Noir Markers (PP2, PP5, IG1, IG2, IG4, CG4, CR1, FS4, FS7, FS8, PL1, PL2, PL3, LY2, GB3, GB4, DR1, DR2, OR2, TN2, TN5, BT1, BT2, Blender) and started coloring. I love the spring time feel this has!! I really am anxious for spring around here. These temps are for the birds...

I then cut out the scene using a circle die and then a larger one was used for the patterned paper behind that. I used some foam adhesive behind the colored image to pop it off the patterned paper for dimension. 

The card base is yellow, but I wanted a slight pattern in the background, so I used a simple white polka dot on bright yellow paper. It pulled the color of the center of the flowers in, so that works! For the sentiment, I chose the "May your day be filled with sunshine and smiles" from the Flower Garden set. I used the Die'Sire Oval dies to cut that out. For a little pop of color and interest, I diecut some embossed tags I had in my stash with the Die'Sire Flowers for All Occasions die, and used Distress Inks in Seedless Preserves and Salty Ocean and blended those together. I snuck it behind the sentiment oval and pulled one petal forward. 


Here is a close up of the coloring (the background is slightly bluish, but is hard to capture that in photos, so in person, there is a bit more color than you see here):


HOP on over to Crafter's Companion today to check out all the new Bebunni images and everything else that's new!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...