Monday, February 16, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #100: Birthday Celebration

Good morning! Today is a special day at Lawnscaping because this is the 100th challenge!!!! Can I get a woot, woot?! So excited to be a part of this team. I had a lot of fun creating this card. Check out all the details on the Lawnscaping blog to participate. The challenge is birthday celebration. SO fun...



You'll want to because our amazing sponsor, Lawn Fawn, is giving away a great prize for this. LOVE me some Lawn Fawn, but then again, who doesn't??


AND there is something even more special to this challenge...we each invited someone to create a project as well! I chose the super talented (and amazing photographer) Latrice Murphy to play along with us! I'm so glad she accepted the invitation. Check out our projects below!

Be sure to check out the Lawnscaping Challenge blog where you can see ALL the Design Team projects as well as ALL of our special guest projects. You'll love all the inspiration, so grab a cup of whatever you please (always coffee for this girl!) and check everyone's amazing projects out today.

Here is the card I created for this challenge:


I found a similar layout on Pinterest (sorry, I can't recall which pin!) and went with it. For the card base, I chose a white card. Then I cut another white panel a little smaller and started playing with some paper in my stash and cut them at varying widths and glued them onto the white card piece in a diagonal. I had fun with that! 


For the circles, I cut out 6 circles in white and started stamping!! I used Memento in Tuxedo Black for all of the stamped images/sentiment. I used the Lawn Fawn Monster Mash for the monsters and I colored everything in with Spectrum Noir Markers. I used some fun little elements for each monster circle using Lawn Fawn Trim the Tree, Winter in the Park, Deck the Halls, and Beep Boop Birthday

I used Memento Luxe, Dandelion, Memento, Tangelo, and Radiant Neon inks in Electric Pink and Green for the little elements. 


I just love how this came out! So fun for a kiddo's birthday. 

Here is my special guests, Latrice Murphy, card she created for this challenge. Check out the details at her blog post

Big shout out to Latrice for accepting the challenge to play along today with our 100th challenge!! 



I hope you join us and play along with this Lawnscaping challenge.


6 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute, girl!!!

Jenna ♥ said...

What a cute projects!

~amy~ said...

absolutely adorable cards!

Samantha Mann said...

ha ha ha!! such a CUTE party scene!! i just LOVE those monsters in the party hats!! seriously - the one with two on her head...i'm cracking up!! awesome!

Unknown said...

So cute! and the bat is fun!!! hahaha

francesca said...

beautiful cards!!

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...