Lawnscaping Challenge #102: Dots & Stripes




Welcome back to another fun challenge from Lawnscaping! This challenge is #102 and is dots and stripes. Who doesn't love dots or stripes, or both?! This was a fun challenge, so I hope you'll play along. And of course there is a prize at stake - a gift certificate to shop at Ellen Hutson!!


Now, onto my project! I created a cute little card that is perfect for a little pick-me-up or just to say hello to a friend or family member. Everyone loves to get some real mail that makes them smile once in a while. Just for no reason :) 


Here are my simple steps for creating this card:

1. Cut, score and fold kraft cardstock for base card (folds to 4.25x5.5).

2. Cut and glue down the blue/white striped patterned paper to card base. (I always cut it about 1/4" shorter on all sides to let the base show). 

3. Diecut shaped label. Use Memento in Summer Sky and apply to the top of diecut label to mimic a sky. For the "grass", I used a piece of green polka dot paper from Lawn Fawn 6x6 Let's Polka Petite Paper Pack. I freehand cut out a hill shape and glued that down, trimming edges off. 

4. I stamped the jar from Lawn Fawn Bugs and Kisses with Memento in Tuxedo Black. I cut out around the jar. 

5. The lid is also from Bugs and Kisses and I stamped that onto the grey striped paper, also from the Lawn Fawn 6x6 Let's Polka Petite Paper Pack  I used some Spectrum Noir Markers to add shading to the lid to give it dimension. 

6. Inside the jar, I stamped the twig in Memento Luxe in Rich Cocoa. I then stamped the worm in Tuxedo Black onto the twig along with the leaf. I then stamped both those images again onto some polka dotted paper from Lawn Fawn 6x6 Let's Polka Petite Paper Pack. I cut and adhered them over the stamped images with foam adhesive. 

7. I used the speech bubble with the heart in the center from Lawn Fawn, Into the Woods set and stamped it in Memento Luxe in Love Letter onto a pink patterned polka dot paper from the Lawn Fawn 6x6 Let's Polka Petite Paper Pack  I fussy cut around that and used foam adhesive to glue down. 

8. I cut a piece of brown/kraft polka dotted paper to glue down behind the label "scene" I created. 

9. For the clouds, I stamped the cloud from Into the Woods set, with Radiant Neon in Electric Blue onto the striped paper from the Lawn Fawn 6x6 Let's Polka Petite Paper Pack  I love how they came out! I used foam adhesive to layer them behind the jar. 

10. I stamped the Smile sentiment from Lawn Fawn, Love You a Latte in Memento Luxe in Rich Cocoa on the bottom right of the patterned paper and added a simple bright green enamel dot to the "i" for fun. 


I hope you play along. Please remember to read the rules and enter your project for this challenge over at the Lawnscaping blog!

Comments

Samantha Mann said…
squeak!!
this is SO cute!!
loooooooove that little scene you created!! everything is so perfect! i love the colors and the striped clouds and the polka dots! wow!! this is so happy and cute!! :D
francesca said…
oh this is sooo cute Roxanne!!!!:)
GrĂ¡ O'Neill said…
Cute card, love the scene :)

Popular Posts