Saturday, July 5, 2014

Friends Like You


I'm bringing you a pretty little card today using this amazing new Shimmering Cardstock from Crafter's Companion today! I used the Silver Starlight. I wish I could capture the sheen on camera for this stock...it's GORGEOUS. This stock would be perfect for wedding or anniversary cards, and dare I say Christmas. Don't be mad. I had to! You still have a little less than 6 months. Okay, I'll stop :)

I took my Shimmering Cardstock and used the Bold Floral Embossing Folder. I love the look it gives and I chose to just leave it be, not adding any ink to this particular card because of the look I was going for. You can certainly use your inks as watercolors, rub them on with a craft sponge, anything you wish! This is one of my favorite embossing folders I recently purchased. I can just imagine all the different looks it would give with various papers and inks like I mentioned. (Wheels never stop turning for the creative.)

For the lace strip, I inked up my Stamp-It Australia, Ornate Accessories set using the lace image. I chose to use my Staz-On Midi Ink Pad in Ganache because I was stamping onto the Shimmering Cardstock and I didn't want it smudged and I wanted it to dry quickly. Perfect.

I then fussy cut around the bottom of the lace. I chose a simple patterned paper strip for underneath the lace strip that coordinated and to add a pop of color.

The sentiment is also stamped on the Shimmering Cardstock with the Ganache ink as well. I chose the "Friends like you are far too few..." from the Sentimentals, Imagine set.

I glued that all down to my white card stock base, and I simply added a strip of little self-adhesive pearls on the left side for some interest.

I did find a similar card I had liked on my Pinterest board (follow me!) and I used that for my inspiration. I suggest pinning cards or projects you see for that - inspiration. I love Pinterest!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...