Saturday, June 28, 2014

Flower Power


 I've got a beautiful thank you card today. I used this amazing flower image from the Vintage Floral Papercrafting CD-ROM and colored it up with my Spectrum Noir Markers (CG1, CG2, CG4, GB9, GB10, CR3, CR10, CR6, CR7, IB1, Blender and True Black) and added some highlights with my Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils (046, 059, 060, 023, 044). I blended them in with the Spectrum Noir Blending Solution and Paper Stumps.

For the outline around my flower image, I took the True Black marker and a ruler and made that border. It's a simple way to add a frame to your image, especially when you have just a large, single image like this gorgeous flower.

I just pulled some patterned paper from my stash for behind the floral image and used a "thanks" sentiment from my stash as well. Who wouldn't love getting this thank you in the mail?

Check out all Crafter's Companion has to offer!

PHOTOGRAPHY TIP: Everyone always wants to know how to take photos for
your projects. I wanted to show you that even though I'm a photographer,
I don't use fancy set ups for my projects. As you can see I have a simple
 tray table against my children's bedroom wall faced towards the window
(it wasn't as bright as normal because a storm was coming in). That's it!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...