Saturday, July 26, 2014

Christmas in July!


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...in July!!

I couldn't resist this Bebunni Christmas set. This is the Christmas Present set. I colored him with my Spectrum Noir Markers (GB3, HB1, HB3, IG1, IG3, IG9, FS1, FS3, BG9, LG3, LG5, JG7, DR6, DR1) and my Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils (034, 020, 073, 033).  I blended the colors together using the Spectrum Noir Blending Solution and Paper Stumps. I then fussy cut around him for this card.

For the snowflake background, I grabbed the 6x6 Embossalicious Embossing Folder called Christmas Elegance and used it with 6x6 Shimmering Cardstock in Silver Starlight (it has a beautiful pearly sheen to it when held on an angle which is unfortunately hard to capture on camera!). To add some color to it, I took my Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass and used a craft sponge to rub it on very gently in some areas. It adds just the right touch of winter to the background.

For the hills, I freehand cut them out of patterned paper. I glued them down using foam adhesive squares to pop it up so I could tuck the Bebunni image behind the hills like he's walking through the snow. I chose the sentiment on there from the same Bebunni Christmas Present set because it looks like he's coming to deliver his present to your house. You know, over the hills and through the snow...I couldn't resist! I added a simple bakers twine bow to the top and cut the bottom in a pennant shape (there's a tip below for the perfect pennant shape done freehand) and a row on pearls along the bottom of that that mimic snowballs.

I hope this inspired you to start your holiday crafting early this year! I know we all say we will, so I hope to actually stick to it. How about you?

Check out the other great holiday items Crafter's Companion has to offer to get a jump on your holiday crafting.

TIP: To cut a perfect pennant shape, you'll want to find the center of your piece you're wanting to cut into the pennant shape. Cut a slit as small or as large as you'd like depending on how much of a pennant you'd like. Line your scissors up on the left bottom corner to the top of the slit you just made and make your cut. Repeat on the right side. You should have a perfect pennant!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...