Sunday, August 3, 2014

Almost Back to School


Sadly, the summer has flown by, and I wished I had done more, of course, which means school time is approaching. I'm really hoping to get a jump on actually scrapbooking this year and I thought a great start would be a little mini album for my soon-to-be-fourth-grader. Gasp. When did that happen? I'm too young to have a 9 year old, right??

Here is the little mini album I made for him:


I picked some more boyish papers for the book since he is getting older and everything! I chose the cute Angelica & Adam, Skater Boy since I figured it was pretty perfect for his age. I colored him in using Spectrum Noir Markers (FS5, FS9, CR4, OR1, OR2, GB7, GB9, EB6, GB11, TN9, IG3, IG5, TB5, TB7, BG3, LG3, LG5, GT2, GT3, BGR3, BGR2, BGR5, DR1 and Blender) and Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils (118, 021, 026, 117, 064). After I colored him in, I fussy cut him out.

I used the new Die'sire Nouveau Stamping Frame for the ornate piece behind the skater boy. I cut it out of the amazing Shimmering Cardstock in Gold Dust. For the circles, I used a cork board piece of patterned paper and cut it out using the Die'sire Essentials Dies, Circles. I used the largest circle, which measures 3.5". (Great thing about these dies is that it tells you right on the packaging/where the dies stick what size you're using!) Then I used the next size down, 3", of the circle dies and used a coordinating school desk piece of patterned paper. I used this same paper inside the book as well. For the final scallop circle shape, I cut out the shape using the Die'sire Essentials Dies, Scalloped Circles using the 2" one. 

Inside the notebook paper scalloped circle, I used the F and G from the Die'sire Decorative Dies, Alphabet Uppercase 1 inch dies. I ran them through my little Xyron to make it easier to adhere. I grabbed some typewriter font small letter stickers and spelled out the rest of the "fourth grade" text. 

For some cute interest, I added a gray/white twine bow and a chipboard arrow which I inked up with Memento, Nautical Blue and Radiant Neon, Electric Yellow.

I hope you enjoyed my project showing how you can use a bunch of different dies on one single project along with a colorful stamped and colored image. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...