Thursday, November 12, 2015

Peace Holiday Card


Good morning! Be ready for a holiday card overload on my blog in the next month or so!! I have been really good with making holiday cards to be able to mail out a handmade card to every single person on my list, and each one is different and unique. I can't wait to do that this year! I hope you're inspired to do the same, or at least send handmade cards to your closest friends and family.

I've listed the products and linked them up at the end of the blog post, and I will continue to do that so everything is a nice, neat order and you can find everything easily!

Onto the card...


I had wanted to create a holiday card with different colors than the traditional red and green, so I opted for a gold and burgundy color palette and I love how this came out. You'll see that I colored in the large word Peace with my Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils with a faded look going from the bottom being the darkest to the top being white. I actually colored in the portion you see that is white with a glitter brush pen (really hard to capture on camera!), but it's very pretty and subtle in person!


I also used the dove from the Peace stamp set and fussy cut that out and glued everything down to my burgundy/red embossed piece. I added in sequins for added interest.

Look at non-traditional color palettes for your projects to really make them unique!


Be sure to visit Crafter's Companion for all their amazing selections of holiday themed products online! And be sure to visit the blog as well for more inspiring projects.

PRODUCTS USED:

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Roxanne, this is beautiful! Love that shimmering cardstock, and you've embossed it so nicely! Sheena's stamp set is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :)

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...