Lawnscaping Challenge #114: One Layer

It's that time again - challenge time! So, this challenge from Lawnscaping Challenges is a great one. Most of us create dimensional cards, with many layers and elements. Not today!! Think CAS! I knew exactly what I wanted to do and the new set I wanted to use for this card...come check it out.


We are sponsored by the always amazing Lawn Fawn! Those folks just rock and they are sponsoring this challenge with a free stamp set of the winner's choice! So many stamp to choose from, I know. It's tough. We just heart them! Thank you Kelly Marie and gang for sponsoring us! YOU ROCK!


Here is my project for this one layer challenge:


I LOVE this set, can I just say that?? It's seriously adorable. All the little sheep and fun elements are too much. It's the Lawn Fawn Baaah Humbug set. My hubby and I give each other a card in our stockings on Christmas morning, so that was my inspiration. I wanted a CAS card since, let's face it, he's a guy and isn't about all the frills and fancy stuff. He likes simple, straight to the point. This fills the bill!

I took a piece of watercolor cardstock and made that my card base. Since this is a single layer card, I knew I wanted to use my Spectrum Aqua Markers for this card anyway, and I generally will stamp that, cut out and adhere to another piece of cardstock, but I just removed that step and stamped right onto my card base! I created my little scene here with the sheep and placed mistletoe and the ribbon between then. I stamped the sheep with Versafine in Onyx Black and colored in with my Spectrum Aqua Markers. 


For the mistletoe, I used Staz-On Midi in Cactus Green and the bow for the mistletoe is Memento Luxe in Love Letter. The sentiment is also in Versafine, Onyx Black. I simply curved it to my liking on my clear block and stamped that my card right above the mistletoe. 

It needed a little something, so I used some painters tape (some people use washi tape as well) to mask off a stripe and I colored it in with a Bronze Metallic Sharpie. 

There you have it. A totally cute, one layer card. 

Have fun with this challenge and be sure to check out the rules to enter your card into this challenge over on the Lawnscaping Blog!

Comments

Daria Z. said…
I love the added stripes on the top and bottom edges. I don't usually do OLC, but this looks like 2 layers - will have to adde stripes. Thanks for the inspiration.

Popular Posts