Monday, September 7, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #113: Texture


Good morning! Today is another fun challenge day with Lawnscaping. Today's challenge is Texture, Texture, TEXTURE. Just add texture to your creation.

The wonderful, fabulous Ellen Hutson! is sponsoring this challenge!!! Certainly you are familiar with her and her store, but if not, a little bit about the store in her own words:

Ellen Hutson, LLC began their adventure in November 2006 as an online web store committed to bringing you the finest paper crafting products and related product education. They are always looking to provide their customers with quality products, excellent customer service, and education and inspiration for the products they carry. You can shop with Ellen by clicking HERE. As well please join them to be inspired and learn some fun techniques in the CLASSroom, or stay up-to-date on FacebookYouTubeInstagramTwitter, and/orPinterest.


Ellen Hutson will be sponsoring our first challenge of each month in 2015! The prize? A $25 gift certificate to the online store! Thank you Ellen!


Now, on to what I created for this challenge. 

Since this is a new set from Lawn Fawn, and it's Halloween, I HAD to have it. I couldn't wait to make something with it, so I decided on an idea I had to add texture by using embossing powder for the background. 

Here is what I came up with:


To create this, I used the new Lawn Fawn set, Booyah. I chose some fun orange and black papers to coordinate with this Halloween card. 

I used the Happy Halloween sentiments from the Booyah set and stamped in Versarmark on my black piece of cardstock. I embossed those with a clear embossing powder, so when it's dry, it appears to be a shiny black; very subtle! I wanted one of the sentiments to pop out, so I used a white embossing powder on just that one. I love the way it came out!

The ghost has her trick-or-treat bag, which I just stamped onto a piece of scrap Halloween paper and cut out. I cut off the handle so I could add a simple orange and white twine handle for a little fun element.


She has on her bride of Frankenstein costume, which I love. I colored her and her hair in with Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Markers (begonia, black, slate and charcoal) after I had stamped them with Versafine in Onyx Black onto watercolor cardstock. I fussy cut them out, but you can definitely use the coordinating dies for this set! Makes it much quicker!

For the white stripe in her hair, I wanted something fun, so I used some Stickles to add a sparkly accent! I also popped on a few black sequins from my stash as well. 


I hope you're inspired to have a fun time creating for this texture challenge! It's a favorite thing of mine to do. So use that imagination and have fun creating. Make sure you check the Lawnscaping Challenge blog for full details on entering to win. 




No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...