Sunday, September 6, 2015

Chalkboard Inspired Card

Good morning! Today I have a card that was inspired by a chalkboard. I love the white on black look and I added some fun bursts of colors with feathers and watercolor cardstock and Spectrum Aqua Markers. I've listed all the supplies below.


I used a black piece of cardstock and stamped the sentiment and used some white embossing powder to make it pop. I did the same thing for the borders. Now when I used the Rock-A-Block with my border edge, I did get some ink on the edge of it so when I rolled it, it left that little line that you see and I love the way it looks! It almost looks intentional ;)



For the chalk look on the black cardstock, I used a small round finger dauber with some white ink and rubbed gently in a circle here and there to give it a soft look of a chalkboard. 

I used my Spectrum Aqua Markers on watercolor cardstock and colored them in various colors and then stamped the feathers on the top of them with Versafine ink after the paper dried. Once that set, I cut them out and adhered them with foam adhesive to the black chalkboard I created. 


Thanks for stopping by! Check out Crafter's Companion for more fun products.

PRODUCTS USED:
Versafine, Onyx Black
White Embossing Powder
Spectrum Aqua Markers: Red Violet, Sea Green, Aquamarine, Kingfisher, Begonia, Crimson, Sunflower, Amber and Orchid

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...