Friday, July 10, 2015

Let's Go Fly a Kite

Good morning everyone! Thanks for stopping by to see what I have created for you today. Since it's summer (or supposed to be - Chicagoland area is having cooler than normal temps right now!), I decided to use the Sheena, Kite stamp for my card today. I love it! It really does remind you of a nice summer day!


 This card was simple to create. I started off taking a piece of blue patterned paper and used my Die'Sire Circle Doilies dies with it. To me the soft curves of the die and the blue paper reminded me of clouds. Perfect for placing my kite onto! I stamped a few of the kites onto the paper with some grey ink. Very subtle.

I took my Sheena, Kite stamp and inked it up with Memento, Tuxedo Black onto my Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock and colored it in with my Spectrum Noir Markers (PL1, PL3, TB1, TB3, BT3, BT5, LG1, LG3, LG5, GB6) and fussy cut it out.

For the card, I simply cut my cardbase and scored it to 4.25x5.5 and rounded the bottom left corner. I then glued on my doilie die cut. I let it hang off the card and just trimmed off the excess. For some fun, I took the Textures, Basket and Burlap set and inked up the dotted swirl stamp with Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass and the other element in the upper left of the card with grey ink. After I stamped those, I used some spray mists and flicked on color in a soft greenish blue and black.

I used foam adhesive on the back of the kite and glued that to the diecut shape. I snuck in the sentiment (it's actually an acetate piece from my stash and I simply backed it with a piece of white cardstock so you could see the wording better) and pulled the one kite string to the front of it.

For some shine, I added several light blue sequins to the card.

I hope you enjoyed this card. Check out Crafter's Companion for so many fun stamp sets, quality markers and more!


No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...