Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Christmas in July

Ho ho ho...wait...Christmas in July everyone! Don't worry, we have 169 more days until then. Sounds far away, right?? Well I like to sneak in holiday cards here and there so it's not so overwhelming when the actual holiday time rolls around. This way, you can do fun things like bake cookies and make gifts, or watch holiday movies! And when you need a card, just grab and go. :)

Here is my Christmas card I have created for today:

 

It's no secret Bebunni is one of my favorite images to color, so naturally, I grabbed him when I thought of making a holiday card. I used the Bebunni, Rudolph set. I inked him up with my Memento, Tuxedo Black and stamped onto a piece of the Ultra Smooth White Premium Cardstock. I grabbed my Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils this time to color. I haven't colored with them in a while, so it was nice to get back to using them. I missed them! I used 092, 094, 035, 034, 009, 114, 116, 084, 089, 119, 065, 067, 044, 043, 061 and 063. I blended the colors with the Blending Solution and Paper Stumps. For the shadow under his feet, I did use my Spectrum Noir Markers in BGR1 and the Blender. I also went over that with my Wink of Stella brush pen to give it a bit of shimmer (hard to pick up in the photograph) to mimic snow. 

For the snowflakes around him, I used the snowflake stamps in the Rudolph set and used Memento in Summer Sky to add them in. They're nice a soft and subtle. 

The sentiment is also from the same set and I used Memento in Nautical Blue on a piece of blue cardstock. I cut that out with the Die'Sire Essentials, Circles dies. I added a fun pearl to the dot of the "i" in Jingle. 


It's hard to see in the photo because the cardstock is really dark blue, but I did use the Christmas Patchwork embossing folder on the darkest piece behind the colored image. I love how embossing adds a nice textural element to your projects.

I hope you are inspired to at least sneak in a project here and there this summer to have on hand for the holiday season. It will be here before we know it! Check out all the amazing holiday products you can use at Crafter's Companion

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...