Lawnscaping Challenge #109
Good morning everyone! We have a fun new challenge up today for Lawnscaping Challenges - Sparkle and Shine! So, add bling, Glossy Accents, glitter, or whatever else sparkles and shines. Have fun with this one ;)
The wonderful, fabulous Ellen Hutson! is sponsoring this challenge!!! If you aren't familiar with her and her store, a little bit about the store in her own words:
Ellen Hutson, LLC began their adventure in November 2006 as an online web store committed to bringing you the finest paper crafting products and related product education. They are always looking to provide their customers with quality products, excellent customer service, and education and inspiration for the products they carry. You can shop with Ellen by clicking HERE. As well please join them to be inspired and learn some fun techniques in the CLASSroom, or stay up-to-date on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and/orPinterest.
Shopping spree time! Thank you Ellen and gang!!!
Here is my take on this challenge:
It's summertime!!! That means there are fireflies out at night, so I was inspired by them for my take on this challenge. I stepped out everything below with supplies included in the steps as well. I hope you enjoyed it and you join us for this Lawnscaping Challenge!
1. Cut white cardstock base and score in the center. Fold to 4.25x5.5.
2. Cut patterned paper (My Mind's Eye 6x6 Pad, Oxford Lane) to 3x5.5. Adhere to the white card base.
3. Cut strip of patterned paper (this is the pattern on the back of the blue cross x's in step 2) and freehand a pennant shape on one end. This is roughly 0.5x4.125.
4. I took kraft cardstock and used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Labels Lawn Cuts and cut out the oval shape. I stamped "thanks" from the Lawn Fawn Love You A Latte set in Memento, Tuxedo Black. I did curve the stamp just a little bit to fit the oval shape. Best part of clear stamps!
5. I cut a piece of watercolor paper to about 4x4. I dabbed some Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass and Spiced Marmalade onto a clear acrylic block and spritzed with water. Taking my watercolor paper, I pressed that onto the block itself and gently lifted it up. I dabbed the excess ink off with a paper towel.
6. With the Lawn Fawn Heart Lawn Cuts, I kept them all together as they came packaged, and diecut them out of a scrap piece of heavy cardstock to use as a stencil. I then used a finger dauber and stenciled on hearts in various sizes that I had cut out with Brilliance, Platinum Planet.
7. I stamped the jar and firefly from the Lawn Fawn Bugs & Kisses set onto some ultra smooth premium white cardstock and cut them out. For the jar, I used a Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen in Silver to color the lid. Inside the jar, I used Twinkling H20's to create the yellow "glow" from the firefly's light. I also applied some green glitter glue to give it a little more sparkle! For the firefly, I also used Twinkling H20's to color him in and then applied Glossy Accents just to his wings. After everything dried, I glued the firefly to the jar with some foam adhesive and then adhered the jar to the watercolor background with more foam adhesive.
8. I then glued the watercolor backdrop with the jar and firefly to the card, centered at the top of the card. I took my patterned strip that I cut and my sentiment in the oval diecut and glued that to the bottom of the watercolor panel.
PLEASE READ the rules in the sidebar on the Lawnscaping blog in order to be eligible for the prize!!!!!
• You have until Wednesday, July 15th, 2015 to submit your entries!
Don't forget to keep checking the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page, where our Facebook Inspiration Team will be sharing projects throughout the challenge!