Our sponsor is none other than the amazing Lawn Fawn. Play along with the challenge, COLOR, inspired by the rainbow to win a fab prize from them. And to just get creative with color and have fun!!
I had a ton of fun creating this card today with the current challenge. Color is such a fun thing, isn't it?? I really wanted to incorporate all the bright colors we see in the rainbow and just give a feeling of summer. So I grabbed the Let's BBQ set and started getting creative. I stamped my images from the set onto some watercolor cardstock and began to color in with my Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers. I stamped the grill, kabob, and little flames and colored each separately. I then fussy cut them out (you can certainly use the coordinating dies for a quicker process) and assembled my little grill.
The clouds were fun. I actually used my Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers and my water brush pen with a scrap piece of watercolor cardstock and colored in no particular fashion. I then took some cloud dies I have in my supplies and cut them out and set them aside. I love how you can see the variation in color in them! Like true clouds.
- Cut your card base, score and fold to 4.25x5.5. I used white cardstock for this card.
- I took a piece of red polka dotted paper and cut to the same size as my card front, 4.25x5.5. Adhere.
- I pulled in a fun gingham paper in a soft green and white and cut a little smaller than my card size and glued on a slight angle.
- For the yellow piece, I took the yellow striped paper from the Let's Polka 6x6 Paper Pack and cut a smaller piece (roughly 3x4) and rounded the two right corners. For some fun, I used Distress Inks in Spiced Marmalade and Scattered Straw with two different stencils I have. I used a honeycomb and dotted stencil. This gives a little more color to the card and a fun element!
- I glued that down on an angle and stuck on my clouds with some foam adhesive.
- For the smoke from the grill, I inked that up with Memento Luxe in Grey Flannel. I decided where I'd want the grill to be place and I stamped the smoke. I then adhered the grill over that with some foam adhesive.
- I love the sentiment in this set that I chose, relish the day, because really, we all truly relish these beautiful summer days spent grilling and being outdoors, right? So I found some fun tickets I had in my stash and decided to stamp right onto the ticket. I stamped it Memento, Tuxedo Black and the word day, I stamped onto my watercolor cardstock scrap with Memento Luxe in Love Letter and cut that out and adhered with some foam adhesive. Gave a little pop of color and dimension.
- I glued my ticket strip to the card and trimmed off the overhang from the top.
And there you have my fun, summery card! I hope you join us and play along with the challenge. Take a look at all the design team's projects as well! I truly am on a team of very talented ladies!!