Saturday, August 23, 2014

Perfect Gift for Christmas


I had to make a little holiday card. Hey, I know it's weird to make them while sitting in my A/C house in shorts, but I want to stay ahead! Plus, this adorable image was begging for me to use it...


For this card, I used my Bebunni, Snowy Hugs stamp set. How adorable is this image?? I stamped it onto the Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock in Memento, Tuxedo Black and die cut it out with the Die'Sire Essentials Circles set (I can't tell you how handy this set is AND how well it cuts!). I then colored this in with my Spectrum Noir Markers (BG1, BG2, BG4, BG7, FS2, FS5, FS6, PP3, GB10, GB5, TN2, TN3, TN4, TN8, OR1, OR3, IG6, BGR1, GT1, GT2, GT3, TB2, TB3, CG3, CG4, CG1, CG2, DR1, DR4, DR6, Blender) and inked the edges with Distress Ink in Old Paper to soften it. It's hard to see some of the details in the photos like the softly inked edges, or the slight coloring on the snowman, but I assure you, they're there!

The sentiment is also from the Snowy Hugs set which I stamped in Tuxedo Black onto a piece of patterned paper and cut out the tag shape myself, punched a hole and added a piece of yarn to finish it off.

For the pop of red in the background, I pulled out the Shimmering Cardstock in Candy Red and my Christmas Patchwork embossing folder. LOVE the way that turned out! Added just the right amount of color to the kraft card base and pulled the red from the bird out as well. 

Hope you enjoyed my little start on Christmas here :)

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...