Saturday, August 16, 2014

Happy Graduation!


I made this card specifically for my husband's youngest cousin who just graduated college. The saying from Pablo Picasso is PERFECT for her new path in life ahead. 


The sentiment is from the Stamp-It Australia, Ornate Accessories. I used Memento Luxe in Wedding Dress for this. I die cut out the smaller of the two frames from the Die'Sire Nouveau Stamping Frame dies in a darker grey stock. The quote fits perfectly inside the frame. 

For the crown image, which is also from the Stamp-It Australia, Ornate Accessories, I stamped that using my Delicata, Golden Glitz ink and cut out around it. I adhered it to the frame with foam adhesive.

I wanted something girly to go with the darker grey stock, so I grabbed a pretty piece of floral patterned paper from my stash and cut to fit onto my cream card base. 

The embossed piece was done with the Bold Floral embossing folder and I spritzed on some mists and blotted off with a paper towel. 

You can make beautiful cards out of so many unexpected items such as this Ornate Accessories set. Just think outside the box ;)

1 comment:

Debra Davison said...

really love this card..... Love the use of the embossing with some patterned paper....Just found Crafters Companion yesterday--- i could be in trouble.... Your blog is very nice...Just started mine recently.... Thank you for the inspiration dEb

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...