Saturday, June 7, 2014

Shopping in Style


Hi there! I have a very feminine card that would be great for a close friend or a girly birthday for an aunt, niece, or sister. Present them with a gift card to compliment this card.

For the main image, I used the Scruffy Little Cat-Ashleigh set. I stamped her onto my Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock since I was going to be coloring her. To color her in, I used both my Spectrum Noir Markers and Blending Pencils. They work FABULOUSLY together. And the pencils are beyond perfect for these types of images with small details that are easier to color in with the pencils. I used the markers in FS2, FS3, CR2, JG1, JG3, OR1, CR10, PL3, IG4, IG8, IG10, True Black, EB7, TB1, TB3, IG2, BT6, HB1, HB2, HB3, IG1, CT1, CT4, BGR4, DR6, DR7, BT2, TB5 and the Blender. For the pencils, I used 038, 083, 096, 104, 020, 021, 033, 009, 070, 109, 111 and 079.

To add interest to the image and some depth, I added a couple little pearl accents to her belt and the toe of her shoe. I also colored in her eyeliner and shoes with a black glitter pen. You can't see it in the photo, but it's there and adds just a little punch to it!

The sentiment next to her image is from the Scruffy Little Cat-Autumn set that reads "Happy Girls are the Prettiest." - Audrey Hepburn. How true is this?! It just went perfect for this card since I'd be using it to give a gift card for a birthday or something special like that.

For the purple piece behind my image, I used the Flowers & Vines Embossing Folder and Memento Luxe ink in Sweet Plum swirled on with a sponge.


No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...