Saturday, June 21, 2014
Scruffy Little Cat: Cowgirl
Howdy there! I've got a fun card today for you using the new Scruffy Little Cat EZMount Stamp Set, Jessica. She's fun!!! I think we all have a little cowgirl in us, don't y'all think?
Here's my little breakdown for this card:
1. Card base is a simple white card stock cut, scored and folded to 4.2x5.5.
2. I stamped my Jessica image onto my trusty Ultra Smooth White Cardstock and started coloring with my Spectrum Noir Markers (FS4, TN2, TN3, TN4, Blender, PP5, LG5, JG5, EB2, BT1, EB3, EB5, EB7, EB6, TB5, EB1, TN9, CR9, GT1, GT3, CG2, CG4, DG4, GB9, GB11, DR6, DR7) and my Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils (009, 073, 003, 091, 116, 118, 114, 120, 047). I blended the pencil in with the Spectrum Noir Blending Solution and the Paper Stumps.
3. After all my coloring was done, I took my little distressing tool and distressed all the edges around the image. I think it lends to the rugged look I was going for!
4. The sentiment "Strut Your Stuff" is also from the Scruffy Little Cat EZMount Stamp Set, Jessica. I simply stamped it onto white card stock, cut it out freehand into the pennant shape at the bottom and used my Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and rubbed it onto it for a woodgrain type look. I used a grey pearl at the top to anchor it to the image.
5. For the background, I used 3 strips of paper and glued them down on an angle and then glued down my cowgirl with the sentiment to that on a slight angle as well.
Yeehaw! I hope you liked my project today. Be sure to check out all Crafter's Companion has to offer. So many different styles, products and inspiration!
It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun. I mean, we are in the thick of summe...
Spring is just around the corner, and you can almost smell those flowers. Okay, I'm dreaming, but this card is too cute for words. ...
There is a new monthly challenge over at Spectrum Noir for February! The challenge theme* for February 2017 is: ANYTHING GOES...