Saturday, May 24, 2014

Let's Celebrate


For today, I have a fun technique I did for this card that can be used for a birthday, graduation, anything that you want to celebrate!!


I took a piece of the Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth White Cardstock and I grabbed my Spectrum Noir markers (IB1, IB3, TB2, TB3, BT4, and BT8) and started coloring small sections and blending together where they met. You can see I didn't really follow a true ombre effect, but I love the colors together. You can do this with any color combo you want!

After I was finished coloring how I liked it, I took the Spectrum Noir Blender Refill (this is the solution that goes in the Blender marker to refill it) and used the eyedropper from the bottle and just squeezed it on in varying sizes around the colored area on my card stock. I let it dry completely. This takes patience...or putting it outside...or drying with a heat gun...you get my drift ;)

On my card base, I took some spray mists (which you can actually do this with a paint brush and watered down inks as well; just load up the paintbrush with water and dip into your ink that's been dabbed onto a craft mat to make it more watercolor like and flick on or let drip onto your card base) and clicked on some spots in black and green for some interest.

I then took the piece I colored and adhered to my card base just how I wanted it. 

For the sentiment, I inked up the Let's Celebrate from the Popcorn the Bear, Party Time set in Memento, Tuxedo Black and stamped on the lower left corner of the card base. 

The feather is from the Sheena A Little Bit Sketchy, Falling Feathers set. I stamped it with Memento, Tuxedo Black onto Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth White Cardstock and then went over it with a sponge and my Delicata Golden Glitz ink. I fussy cut out the feather making sure to cut out around the smaller pieces of the feather to make it appear more realistic. Then I found these great clear stars in my stash that I thought fit perfect with the celebrate theme and the card and I created this little grouping! 

Hope you enjoyed this technique!


No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...