Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day (one day early)!! I have a really soft, feminine card that I thought was perfect for Mother's Day...


To create this card, I used a purple card base (folds to 4.25x5.5). I then took a sheet of the Ultra Smooth White Cardstock from Crafter's Companion and stamped the floral image with Versafine-Onyx Black from the Stamp-It Australia Floral Fancies. I ran it off the card on the left side. I wanted the negative space for design purposes. It really draws your eye to the grouping of flowers, don't you think?

Now the coloring for this is simply INK! Yup, that's all. I LOVED the way this came out. 



For the flowers, I used Radiant Neon-Electric Purple. What I do is actually stamp ink onto my craft mat (from Ranger) and spritz with water and use a paintbrush to color in the image. It's really simple and so, so pretty! I then used Memento Luxe-Sweet Plum as well. As you can see, you CAN definitely use neon inks without them being super bright! I wanted to definitely point that out. 

For the leaves, I used a combination of Radiant Neon-Electric Green and Memento Luxe-Pistachio and Memento-Rich Cocoa for shadows. 

For the background, I used a very wide paintbrush and used my Memento-Nautical Blue in the same fashion just using varying amounts of water. You can see that by the varying shades of blue! I used a light hand around the actual flowers. I will definitely be using this technique again. I would recommend using actual watercolor paper if you're going to do this though. You can see little flecks in the blue area I painted on; that's actually the paper fibers picking off! But I actually like it. If you want to avoid that, use watercolor paper. I just picked up a pad in the kids section at Target!! SCORE.

The sentiment is from the Sentimentals-Imagine set and I stamped that with Delicata Silver Shimmer ink. I cut out around that and added a row of pearls to accent it. 

Happy Mother's Day to all you amazing moms out there!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...