Saturday, April 5, 2014

Colorful Butterfly

Good morning! I need some more bright and colorful birthday cards in my stash, so I grabbed the Sheena A Little Bit Sketchy The Butterfly Effect (LOVE), stamped on the Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock, and started coloring with my Spectrum Noirs (Blender, CG2, CG3, CG4, LG4, LG5, HB1, HB2, HB3, LV2, LV3, DG1, DG2, DG3, OR1, OR2, OR3, BT2, BT4, BT5, PL1, PL2, PL3, TB1, TB3, TB4, BT6, BT9, TN7, TN9, EB5, EB7, EB8, CR4, CR7, JG1, JG2, JG3). After I colored her, I cut her out and applied this glossy glaze type stuff to the wings only since butterfly wings appear rather shimmery in the sunlight. I love the way it came out. See the second photo where I tried to show you how shiny they are! It's hard to photograph.


I then just used a simple white base since my butterfly is very colorful and I embossed the white panel with the Birthday Text embossing folder from Crafter's Companion. I love how simple, yet striking the background is with these folders. They're an amazing product to have!! I used some foam adhesive circles behind the embossed panel, butterfly and little "happy" tag I had in my stash to give this card dimension.


Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...