Sunday, March 30, 2014

Shimmer Dragonfly


I found a new product I just love. I can't get enough. I decided to make this beautiful dragonfly card using Twinkling H20s. LOVE them. They are perfect for the large dragonfly from the Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic-Flying Colors set. Her images BEG to be colored!

I stamped that dragonfly image onto some watercolor paper since I was planning to use the watercolors (Twinkling H20s are shimmery watercolors). After I painted my dragonfly, I set it aside to fully dry. Then I fussy cut him out and used some foam adhesive on the back to pop him off the card.

For the card, I cut my base out of simple white card stock, scored and folded it. I then took some of the Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock by Crafter's Companion. Seriously amazing stuff right there. I used a stencil I had and some more of the watercolors to create that background. It's imperfect yet perfect! After it dried, I then inked up the dragonfly wording from the Stamp-It Imagine-Dragonfly Delights set with Distress Ink-Tea Dye and stamped it over the background I created. I took some coordinating patterned papers in my stash to give my card some interest and focus on the dragonfly. I just love this!

You can always color the dragonfly with Copics or even use your Distress Inks as watercolors! That's a fun technique. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...