Friday, May 31, 2013

Roses are red...violets are...AMAZING! :) 

Today my card is all about violets. I used another new Sheena set from Sheena's Floral Fantasy-Violets from Crafter's Companion. I wanted this to have a watercolor feel to the flowers, so I used my Spectrum Noirs to color and my blender pen to soften the colors too. I used soft greens for the leaves. To draw attention the the open flowers, I used a cluster of rhinestones in the centers. I fussy cut around the outside and adhered to the card with you guessed it, pop dots. 

Under the flowers, I used a soft celery cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug using my 5x7 Argyle embossing folder. I seriously love these things...you get the awesome look and add texture to your card in such an easy way! Grab some of these! You can find a bunch of patterns and sizes right here at Crafter's Companion site.

Thanks for checking this out!


No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...