Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Friendship Card


Hey there! Hope you all had a nice Memorial Day weekend. I've got a pretty card for you today that would be a great little card to pop in the mail to a special friend for no reason at all! 

I used the beautiful high heel shoe from the new Camden Town set, Female 2. I used soft greys and pops of pink and purple to color the accents on the shoe using my Spectrum Noir markers. 

The sentiment is from the Party Paws Party with Bamboo set. 

For the background, I used watercolors to "paint" the background in soft pinks and light peach/orange tones. I blended them together with water and let it dry. 

I came back and stamped just sporadically all over my watercolored background with Stamp It Australia, Floral Fancies in grey ink all over. I then ran it through my Cuttlebug using the 5x7 embossing folder, argyle sold by Crafter's Companion.


I glued down the watercolor/embossed background to my card base and used a coordinating grey piece of cardstock from my stash and used a die I have for the flower shape. I glued that down and then fussy cut the high heel out and used a pop dot to glue that onto the grey stock. I snuck the sentiment behind that and glued it down. To finish it off, I used some spray mist I have and splattered it to give it some interest. 

Hope you enjoyed! Check out all the amazing products Crafter's Companion offers!





1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!Love your colors!

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...