Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hibiscus Birthday Wishes

I'm back again! I've got another flower-filled card for you this week. I cannot get enough of these sets from Sheena...this card today is brought to you by the Sheena's Floral Fantasy-Wild Roses & Hibiscus. I used the Hibiscus image on this one. I decided I wanted to make an orange flower :) So I did! And for the leaf, I used the palette blending technique again and I came back in with my Spectrum Noir blender and dotted onto the leaf to make it a little different! I then fussy cut around the flower and leaf leaving a thin white border.

I used a white card base and cut some simple patterned paper out and glued that to my base and used another small rectangle of the same paper cut smaller and used pop dots for dimension. I then used pop dots to adhere the flower and leaf to the card as well. The sentiment is from the Crisalis Classics-The Scent of Summer set. I used some distress inks in various colors (which can be found here at Crafter's Companion). I also used a distress tool I've had forever to add some texture around the sentiment. I used pop dots again to adhere to the card. I found some olive yarn I had in my stash to coordinate with the leaf.

Are you in love with these sets yet?? Pop on over to Crafter's Companion to order yours today!


No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...