Saturday, January 21, 2017

Teacher Thank You Cards


Good morning! I don't know about you, but I appreciate my children's teachers greatly. I volunteer once a month this year for my youngest's classroom by coming in to listen to him and his classmates read to me for an hour. I have never volunteered, and I am honestly regretting not doing this sooner. I love going, and I'm so in awe of how the teachers run the classroom so smoothly. It makes me really appreciate what they do every day. 

I wanted to make his teacher and teacher's aide thank you cards to show that I appreciate them. I think I'll include a gift card inside for them. Any suggestions as to where? I'd love to give them for Valentine's Day. I think it makes them smile when you drop off little treats like this. I hope they understand how much I do appreciate what they do. 

For this, I used a cute little bushel of apples and the sentiment that it just perfect for this card! (I did make two of these cards; one for each teacher.)


I chose the lined patterned paper behind everything and added a small heart in the lower right corner.

I used a messier look to watercolor the image in with my Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers. I color a swatch onto an acrylic block and pick up the color with a water brush pen.


For the blue background around the bushel, I flicked on the color for the dots of blue. I love watercoloring so much, so plan on seeing a lot from me using this coloring method! It's just too fun.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my cards for these patient and loving women that teach 20-something 7 year olds day in and day out! I can't wait to give these to them.


SUPPLIES USED:

SPECTRUM NOIR



No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...