Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Sown With Love for You Card


I have a fun card today that I designed for Spectrum Noir using, you guessed it, watercoloring! I told you that you'd be seeing more of this technique from me. I decided to use a garden theme for this card since I'm already looking forward to spring. Come on, groundhog! 


I used a couple sets from Sheena Perfect Partners Home Life for this garden inspired card. I just love how realistic you can get with using watercolors. I used the Spectrum Aqua Markers. They're just perfect. I love that you get a thicker tip and a fine tip to add details directly to your piece, such as the lines on the onion that you can see in the picture, and the veins on the leaves of the turnips. 


This technique is called no-line watercolor. I stamped the veggies in a lighter brown Distress ink so that it didn't make a crisp hard line that you can see. I was able to color over it with the watercolor markers to make it disappear. You just need the lines faintly there to know where and what you're coloring. It gives a real depth to your coloring. You can use this technique with colored pencils and markers, as well! Try it!


Check out more inspiration over at the Spectrum Noir website and blog today.

SUPPLIES USED:

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...