Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Big Announcement and Monthly Challenge Card for January 2017

Good morning! I have some exciting news to share with you all today. I am now proud to announce that I'm part of the Spectrum Noir Design Team. I can't explain how thrilled I am to be a part of this team with these amazing talented artists.

If you have noticed, I use Spectrum Noir products in almost every project I've created for quite a while now. And every new product that gets introduced, I fall more in love. I've used so many different products and none compare to the ones offered by Spectrum Noir. 

They're affordable, and just amazing to color with. Check out the blog over at at Spectrum Noir to see all the products offered and get design inspiration across the board. You'll be in awe of the creations!

Spectrum Noir Website
Spectrum Noir Blog





Every month, Spectrum Noir offers a different challenge. Check out this month's challenge HERE.
  • Ready for a brand new challenge? Color up ANYTHING you want using your Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Sparkle markers, blendable colored pencils, watercolor pencils, Spectrum Aqua markers, or AquaTint inks, put it on any card or project, and you can play along with us! Share your work with us, enter below and you’ll be in with a chance of being chosen for our Card of the Month or Top Three spots!
  •  *PLAY ALONG WITH OUR BONUS THEME: USE A COLORING PAGE
  • Want to be in with a chance of winning $30/£30 in Spectrum Noir or Spectrum Aqua products? Color a project using our bonus theme, like our Design Team did, and you’ll be entered to win loads of coloring goodies! Please remember to use only Spectrum Noir products for coloring; you may enter up to five times. Click on the above link for details on how to enter.

Here is my card for the monthly challenge. I color images in my Colorista coloring pads while I'm out, usually at my oldest's Boy Scout meetings. While he's in his meeting, I sit down and use my time to color. This way, I have images that are colored and ready to make into something like this card below! It's a great way to pass the time AND have images ready to create into a card (or other item) quicker. 

 
 This page is a part of the Colorista coloring pad called Butterfly Garden. It has gorgeous gold accents on the butterflies (not captured above) that really add elegance to these colored images. 

I used a small tag with a sentiment stamped in Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder. I then applied a distress ink over that and flicked on some water to create a splotchy effect. I pulled a piece of orange ribbon from my stash to coordinate. 


I chose a purple card base to accent the colors in the butterflies. See how much punch you can pack with just coloring 2 butterflies?

 

The Colorista colored pencils blend beautifully together. You adjust the amount of color with the pressure you apply while coloring. That's where the white and light areas come in. Less pressure = less color. More pressure = more intense color. I thought I loved the markers until I used the colored pencils! Plus, they're easy to take along with you. 

I keep a few coloring pads, Colorista markers and colored pencils in my bag ready to just grab and go. I love how easy it is to relax and color. 

Have a blast entering your project into the monthly challenge, and good luck! 


SUPPLIES USED:

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Congrats!!!Been using their products for 5 years and I love them!!!Your work is awesome!

Patti J said...

Congratulations!!! So excited for you! Beautiful card...loving the bright, happy colors 🎨

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...