Thursday, March 31, 2016

Clean and Simple Lily Card

This is one of absolutely favorite flowers. They're just gorgeous and colorful, coming in all different colors, and delicate. They're stunning. So I love to color this set for various cards. This one can be for any occasion or any celebration! Gotta love cards in your stash like that.

I used the large lily from the Sheena A Little Bit Floral, Lily set and inked it up with Memento in Tuxedo Black and stamped it onto the Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock. After I did that, I colored it and the leaves in with my Spectrum Noir Markers. A tip for anyone - if you're unsure of coloring/palettes to use for things like flowers, just Google the image you want to see examples for and you can then color it true-to-life.


For the strip behind the flower, I used the burlap patterned stamp from the Textures, Basket and Burlap stamp set. I simply stamped it with Memento Luxe in Rich Cocoa on some simple patterned paper. Great way to use your scraps and customize them. 


I glued the strip down to a white cardstock base that I cut, scored and folded to 4.25x5.5. I used foam adhesive for the lily and leaves and stamped the sentiment onto the base with Versafine in Onyx Black. I always like to add a fun little touch especially to CAS (clean and simple) cards. I colored some self-adhesive pearls with True Black (Spectrum Noir Marker) and let that dry and then applied them. 


There are a lot of various flowery stamp sets over at Crafter's Companion that are so beautiful and fun to color and use for all your projects. Especially with Mother's Day coming up. Happy crafting.


PRODUCTS USED:

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...