Saturday, March 26, 2016

Butterfly Birthday Greetings

Good morning! Don't you just love butterflies? They're just so colorful and delicate and peaceful to watch flying around. I had the chance last summer to visit the Hershey Gardens over in Hershey, Pennsylvania (sweetest place on Earth!!) and they had a butterfly house that you could go in and see the beautiful butterflies. I was just in awe with these creatures. I'll share some photos at the end of this blog post.


So for today's card, I chose the butterfly from the Sheena A Little Bit Scenic, Flying Colors for this card's focal point. I started with a bold black cardbase which I embossed with the an embossing folder. I found a pretty doily patterned paper for the bottom strip you see on the card. I rounded just the right corner.

The sentiment circle is from the Sentimentals, Imagine set and I diecut a circle out of watercolor cardstock and inked the stamp with Memento Luxe in Angel Pink and part of the left and top with Distress Ink in Dusty Concord. You can ink that with a sponge or just the actual ink pad, just dab it on and blend it. This is a great way to make use of your ink pads and stamps and give it a really unique look.


 For the butterfly, I inked it up and stamped onto the Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock and trimmed it out very close to the edge. I colored it in with Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils (all colors and products listed and linked below) and some of my Sparkle Pens which you can see in person. I then used some Glossy Accents over the wings to make it appear shiny just like a true butterfly's wings are. After that all dried, I adhered the sentiment circle down first and then the butterfly over that with some foam adhesive.


Here are some of the gorgeous butterflies I had the joy of photographing 
last summer at Hershey Gardens. If you're ever in that area, I encourage you to visit there. 
They have the most roses I've ever seen in my life, and they're so gorgeous. 










 
Please visit Crafter's Companion today to see all the varieties of crafting products used here and so much more! Happy crafting.

PRODUCTS USED:
Crafter's Companion Sentimentals, Imagine
Sheena Flying Colors, A Little Bit Scenic
Memento, Tuxedo Black
Memento Luxe, Angel Pink
Distress Ink, Dusty Concord
Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock
Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Cardstock
Embossalicious 6x6 Embossing Folder, Roses
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens: Rose Quartz and Crystal Clear
Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils: 039, 038, 037, 078, 082, 084, and 040
Paper Stumps
Blending Solution
 

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...